This recipe makes 18 thin pancakes.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 big pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 3/4 cups of milk
- Butter for cooking
- Sift your flour into a mixing bowl and sprinkle in the salt.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of your flour and salt, and carefully pour in the eggs.
- Start mixing slowly, bringing the flour in from the edges.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk out any lumps to create a smooth batter.
- Transfer the mixture into an easy pour jug.
- Heat your pan (we use a 20cm crepe pan) to medium heat.
- Add butter to your hot pan (make sure the butter doesn't get too brown, if so turn the heat down a notch)
- Pour the mixture into the centre of the pan until it is around 8/9cm in diameter, then turn your pan in a circular motion reasonably fast so that the batter runs around to the edges of the pan.
- Cook until your pancake is a little brown on the underside and then flip and cook the other side the same. Practice makes perfect!
- Serve with lemon juice and sugar, or maple syrup, or any other way you enjoy your pancakes. Sometimes we like to roll them up with cheese and ham and cook them in the oven until melted!